Letter from the Administrator 7-24-2020
Dear Rolling Hills Residents, family members and representatives,
I am happy to report that we finally received long awaited guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Health to allow outside visits, provided safety guidelines are followed consistently by all visitors and residents!
Here are a few key points about visits:
• Visits must be scheduled in advance!
• No children under the age of 12 or pets at this time.
• Visits will be held outside the main lobby entrance on the patio and front parking lot. Tables and chairs will be set up to encourage visitors to stay at least 6 feet apart at all times. Staff will be disinfecting all surfaces in between each visit.
• Two visitors per resident are allowed at a time.
• Each resident can have 1 outside visit every two weeks so each resident has an opportunity to have a visitor if able. Additional visits can be requested! If we find that we have openings in our visit schedule we will rotate additional visits to those who have made a request. Compassionate end of life visits will be allowed more frequently with approval from the Administrator or Director of Nursing.
• Visits will be kept to 20 minutes in length.
• All visitors and residents must wear face coverings or masks at all times. Please bring your own mask with you.
• All visitors will be asked a series of health questions prior to the visit and again when you arrive for the visit. You will also need to provide contact information for each visitor.
• DO NOT VISIT IF YOU ARE ILL OR HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO IS SICK!
• Everyone must use hand sanitizer prior to and after visiting.
• Please do not give hugs, handshakes or have any other physical contact during the visit. We know this is very difficult given the long absence but it is for everyone’s safety! If a resident is physically touched they will be quarantined for 14 days.
• Residents who are ill or are on quarantine will not be able to have visitors until they are well or the quarantine period has passed.
• Visits will be available Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 2:00-4:00 pm and Wednesdays from 10:00 am- 12:00 pm. This may be changed as we see what works well for our residents, visitors and staff. If those times will not work for you please contact our scheduler to request some alternate times. We will try to make accommodations as able.
• Please arrive 5- 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled times for screening.
• Visitors are not allowed to enter the building.
• Be aware that visits may have to be cancelled due to inclement weather or excessive heat for the safety of all. We will do our best to reschedule all cancelled visits!
• Visits will not be held if there is a current outbreak in the facility, the level of COVID is in the severe category for our community or at the direction of the Monroe County Health Dept or Medical Director.
We will begin scheduling visits the week of July 27th. Please contact Kristi Schmitz at 608-269-8827 to schedule a visit. Feel free to leave a message with your name, resident name, and contact information. You may also reach her via email at Kristi.email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible, during regular business hours, to set up a visit.
This visitation policy will be revised as needed to include any additional guidance from state, federal and local health officials.
Please remember that letters, phone calls, video chats and window visits are still a great way to connect!
Thank you for your patience, understanding and efforts to keep everyone safe and healthy. I understand how difficult this has been for you and your family and the sacrifices you’ve made. I greatly appreciate the words of encouragement you have given our staff. Our team is working very hard to support and care for our residents at this very challenging time. I feel, more than ever, that Rolling Hills’ staff, residents and families are truly a family!
Linda Smith NHA