The Meadows, Assisted Living at Rolling Hills
Preserving Independence Through Assisted Living
The Meadows at Rolling Hills in Sparta, WI is an 8-bed Community Based Residential Facility, CBRF. A CBRF is an Assisted Living Home where five or more unrelated people live together in a community setting. We are an active member of Echelon, a quality improvement program designed to promote best practice for assisted living care.
Our goals at The Meadows are to preserve the tenant’s dignity and independence while providing a safe and supportive living environment. We encourage Tenants to continue to make as many daily decisions as possible and maintain an active lifestyle. All of our Direct Care staff are Certified Nursing Assistants.
Everyone at Rolling Hills, Thank you for Norman’s wonderful care! You are all angels. Our love to you all! Betty, Becky, Scott and families
Making a Community Connection
The Meadows works with community organizations and individuals to plan and coordinate off-site entertainment and leisure services and activities to help keep tenants active in the community. These activities are posted on Memory Care Unit bulletin boards along with calendars of events and announcements with information on programs and services of interest for our tenants. The Meadows staff then actively works with tenants to promote participation in their Program of Weekly Activities. Additionally, radio, TV and music are available to tenants of The Meadows as well as table games, magazines, puzzles, and newspapers.
- Attainment of the minimum age of 55 years and certified as free from communicable disease by a licensed physician.
- Applicant must possess the basic self-help skills and must be semi-independent in feeding, bathing, toileting, and dressing.
- Absence of acute medical or physical issues which would require a greater degree of care than would be provided in a CBRF.
- Absence of behavioral problems, the result of which would tend to endanger the tenant or others.
- The applicant must be capable of taking medication under the regulations of DHS 83.
- The applicant must be able to routinely participate in and benefit from the services provided by The Meadows and have the ability to live within The Meadows house rules.
- The applicant must be able to transfer independently or with assistance of one staff person.
The Meadows, CBRF Health Monitoring Service
- ADL’s, Activities of Daily Living, per tenant needed are determined by the pre-admission assessment.
- Blood pressure and weight monitoring.
- Accu-checks on diabetics (blood sugar monitoring).
- Staff will assist with tenant medications in accordance to the current medication ruling outlined in DHS 83.33(3) (a-j).
- Charting is done daily to keep staff updated on all tenant’s conditions and to assist in accurate implementation of the Individualized Service Plan.
- All medications will be kept in a secured locked storage area of the unit unless deemed in the best interest of a tenant to manage his / her medications independently in which case, they can be kept in a locked drawer of the tenant’s room.
- Coordinator will see that a follow-up health assessment is completed for each resident and that a written order is on file for any necessary medical services.