About Rolling Hills Senior Living Community
Achieve Your Highest Level of Well-Being and Comfort
Rolling Hills Senior Living is located in Sparta, Wisconsin. We provide rehabilitation services, assisted living, and nursing home care. We participate in the Medicare, Medicaid, and Hospice care programs and have two on-site notary publics available for updating wills and testaments and power of attorney documents.
We invite you to visit our facilities and meet our caring, professional staff at Rolling Hills. To schedule a tour, contact our Social Workers, Christine Nelson or Samantha Colleran. We admit tenants to our Assisted Living Facility, The Meadows and Prairie Hills as well as patients for Rehabilitation, and new residents for long and short-term stays.
Rolling Hills Senior Living is owned and operated by Monroe County.
Everyone at Rolling Hills, Thank you for Norman’s wonderful care! You are all angels. Our love to you all! Betty, Becky, Scott and families
History of Rolling Hills Rehabilitation Center
Rolling Hills moved to its current location from across the street in 2022. The original home was in operation since the late 1800’s when it operated as a “poor farm,” or Almshouse, and asylum.
- 1898 – Almshouse opened
- 1899 – Old almshouse was closed
- 1900 – A new brick almshouse was built
- 1901 – This almshouse was then converted into the county asylum
- 1902 – A new almshouse was then constructed on a different part of the property
- 1948 – New structure build that now houses other Monroe County offices and outpatient therapy services in addition to storage, offices and laundry for Rolling Hills Rehab Center and Retirement Home.
- 1965 and 1974 – additional structures were added to the Rolling Hills campus.
- 2022 Moved across the street to our current location
Services have evolved over the years and Rolling Hills now currently operates an 50-bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) and a 24-bed community based residential facility (CBRF) as well as a 24 Assisted living apartments. Rolling Hills is Medicare and Medicaid certified.